Saturday, May 16, 2009

Freddy Got Fingered - A 2001 Movie


I first saw this movie maybe around 2002 and 2003, I don't remember.
By that time, there is no Youtube and one try to find a clip or film on the internet is really tough. And want to watch any Tom Green shows on TV of this island was merely possible.

Anyway, during that couple year, I did saw Tom Green's Freddy Got Fingered on TV, and on this island. Amazing, barely to believe it.
And this is the most impressive comedy ever. I added it in my book of "Must See Comedies Before You Leave This Planet".

I don't remember when I know Tom Green, but so sure that since I knew him (maybe MTV) and I was into his universe. I like his ideas, although it looks dumb, really crack me up.

Well, it's 2009 now, been 8 years after it's released. I finally have a chance to watch it again, and during these years I only got his "Road Trip"(2000) which so my ideal Tom Green but as a supporting role is pity and "Stealing Harvard"(2002) which I think was a little bit lost of his originality made this a normal comedy.
During these years I thought Tom Green has gone or something, no more huge releases.
(seemed he did more TV shows or video releasing something so I can barely know.)
And there was Scary Movie(2000), popular than Tom Green.

Anyway, I even made a image with he in "Road Trip"(as you can see, I really thought he's missing.)

Ok, back on where I was, I have a chance to watch it again, and through a process of subtitle editing and translation, I watch it over and over. Hilarious. And watch it frame by frame, I can see some interesting details that I missed first time. And watched it over and over again make Gord Brody triggered into my brain. And I am so like him right now.
This is the only movie that written and directed all by Tom himself. Awesome.
Quotes now fills my mind.
If I were still a teenager now I might act like him.

And now I also did some information searching when I am working on this article.
Tom Green had attend the reality TV show " The Apprentice" eighth season but embarrassed been fired on episode three.
I watched that season on the tube, it makes me a little frightened.

Jeez, again I lost my point.
(5/18 update)See, I forgot something,
This film won five Razzies, including worst picture, worst actor and worst director.

No comments: